Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reconciliation

2 Corinthians 6:18-20 "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God."

I came to these verses in my daily reading and God touched my heart. I was reminded of a past life lesson that He taught me. After my husband left me for someone else I was devastated to say the least. God told me, through His Word, to forgive him and confirm my love toward him. I was 5 months pregnant at the time with our third child and was determined to obey the Lord and do things His way. I forgave my husband and told him that I loved him but he still walked away. I cried out to God, "I don't understand! All I have done is love him. I have forgiven him and am standing here with my arms open waiting to embrace him and he has rejected me." It was like the Lord spoke to my heart and said "I know the pain you are in. I love the world so much that I suffered and died for all. I am here with my arms open wide, full of love and forgiveness and they turn their backs and reject me". I realized that I have the power to help ease my Saviour's pain. I can tell others of Christ and I should because God's word commands it. I love these verses because it is so personal. We all know what it feels like to want to be reconciled to someone. We know the pain and sense of urgency that comes with it. Imagine that pain multiplied by millions. What a lesson! If we are saved God has given us the "ministry of reconciliation". We are "ambassadors for Christ" so it is time to tell others of our Saviour. If you do not know Jesus as your Saviour be reconciled to Him. Jesus died for you and gloriously rose again. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your strength is amazing! I know through this blog and through your example you will touch many lives! You are an inspiration to me! It was so nice to see you and spend time with you and your girls - you have a beautiful family. Please know you are always welcome at our home! we love you!