Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Defining Moments

I am a 30 year old divorced mother of three amazing little girls and I have breast cancer. Isn't it amazing how your life can be summarized in one short sentence! My life is full of defining moments (just like yours) but none has caught me off guard as much as the day the doctor told me I had cancer. It was the Friday before Christmas and my plans for that day included shopping for last minute gifts not spending the day with oncologists and surgeons. The doctor came in the room and before the door shut behind him he blurted out' "Well we have a little bit of cancer," I asked him to repeat himself and that is when I really heard him. My mom grabbed me and I sobbed for a long time and as the day went on I had to make so many mind numbing decisions that I don't remember much more about it. Life had been forever changed in the blink of an eye and not just mine but my children's as well. This blog was created to give God the glory through this experience and I pray that I can put into words all that my Lord has done for me and my children. God is so good and merciful. He has truly given me the peace that surpasses all understanding that He talks about in his word. Before I left home to get the results of the biopsy I prayed that God would speak to me through his word and he gave me this verse Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." Right then I new that whatever the doctors told me that God was completely in control of the situation. I still had a very hard time with the diagnosis and I had to come to terms with it but God has been so patient with me. If you are going through this as well just know that God loves you and his Word is true and full of hope.

No comments: